[RFI] High Pressure Sodium Street Light

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] High Pressure Sodium Street Light
From: jhisson1@columbus.rr.com (Jason Hissong)
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 22:32:26 -0500
Hi guys,

Ever since installing my Hexbeam, I have noticed noise levels that are very
high (S9 on 10 Meters with the preamp on).  It is directly north of the QTH.
I have all the details (and sound samples) on my website.  Read through the
ARRL material and I think I have it localized to a high pressure sodium
street light.  The weird thing is that when I am right next to the light,
and pointing the directional antenna upwards, I don't get any noise
(136.00Mhz on my scanner, AM)  However, when I am 100 feet away, and point
it in the direction of the light, I get the noise, but pretty faint.

Anyways, I have the details on my webpage... just looking for additional
tips/pointers...

http://www.qsl.net/n8xe/radio/rfi.html

Once I can confirm it, I will call the power company and go from there...
wish me luck!! :)

Thanks!

73,
Jason Hissong