[RFI] Interesting Case of Interference

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Interesting Case of Interference
From: af4mp at mindspring.com (Zyg Skrobanski)
Date: Wed Jan 22 08:03:05 2003
That might be an nth harmonic of an AM broadcast station.  Dividing 14.023
MHz by 2 several times, gives 876.4 KHz.  Looking up the FCC data for
Columbus OH shows WRFD at 880 KHz.  It could be the 4th harmonic of 880 KHz
WRFD.  The FCC data also shows that they are a daytime operation, although
you do mention that you have heard this interference during the night, you
were not hearing it the evening you sent the message.

If the interference is not from WRFD, it could be the result of
intermodulation products, from one of the other local AM stations.

-Zyg-
AF4MP

At 09:29 PM 1/21/03 -0500, you wrote:
>As I write this note tonight, I can't hear it, but I've heard it at
varying times of the day and night.  Yesterday, it
>seemed to be centered at 14.023 MHz, and went about 7 to 10 KHz on both
sides, then down to almost nothing.  It was S-9 at

--
Zyg AF4MP
Roswell GA USA