[RFI] Ground Question

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Ground Question
From: STRutledge at aol.com (STRutledge@aol.com)
Date: Mon Feb 3 18:56:25 2003
Hi folks.  My shack is on the second floor of my house.  No other options.  I
had the same situation years ago in another house, another city.  I was just
getting started in the hobby and several "old timers" told me about a method
of getting a good RF ground on the second floor.  It involved using
capacitors on a piece of RG-8U.  You installed one at the shack and at the
ground across the shield and center conductor.  The ones I have, bought at
Dayton years ago where they were sold as part of this "lash-up," are marked,
"RMC, .01HD, 1KV, Z5U.  They are discs, tan in color.

Maybe some of the more technically inclined can comment on this arrangement.
I would appreciate it.

Steve, N4JQQ