[RFI] Switch mode lamp noise

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Switch mode lamp noise
From: michael.findley at ni.com (michael.findley@ni.com)
Date: Fri Feb 14 08:28:42 2003
I think Lamps (fluorescent) fall under a higher limit in the FCC. If it
considered an appliance I think there is an exemption from the conducted
limits on kitchen appliances but it has been a couple of years since I
looked this up. If you can find an AC  x-cap around 1uF and solder it in
this will greatly reduce the problem you are experiencing. Switching power
supplies also radiate a great deal of noise. A different fix might be to
remove the power cord and replace with a three prong with earth attached to
the chassis.