[RFI] A Serious Threat...PLC

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] A Serious Threat...PLC
From: wa2bpe at infoblvd.net (WA2BPE)
Date: Fri May 16 13:10:04 2003
And this despite what tests in other countries have shown.  Considering how
poorly the majority of power companies maintain their lines, this is a
serious debacle knocking at our doorstep that is virtually guaranteed to
screw up 2 through 80MHz even worse.  $$ and politics are all that count;
to Hell with the physics and the collateral damage!  The real answer
(ultimately) for broad band is fiber to the home (or at least the curb).
Yes, 80%+ of the population have access to cable, but it is a skewed
statistic - look at the distribution/concentration on a map and you will
see it is all metro & suburban.

Sorry, really irritated - just in time to screw up the weekend.

73,

Tom - WA2BPE - FN12