RE: [RFI] 144 MHz Interference Source

To: "rfi@contesting.com" <rfi@contesting.com>,"Jim Brown" <jimbrown.enteract@rcn.com>
Subject: RE: [RFI] 144 MHz Interference Source
From: "Cortland Richmond" <ka5s@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 20:20:24 -0700
144 MHz plus or minus is pretty common, as a lot of devices -- even pretty
rudimentary stuff, nowadays -- uses 4, 8 or 16 MHz clocks, and current
technology is built around fast devices. Could be something as innocuous as
a telephone answering machine or even a plain old (digitally clocked)
telephone. Could be a computer or an answering machine, a router or a CD
player. Could be nearby telecom equipment. But simple stuff is likely to be
built with less regard for EMI. They don't waste effort on a multilayer PWB
for something that costs only three dollars to make, do they?  Or even slew
rate reducing series resistors!

You might look for higher order harmonics to help localize this.

Cortland