RE: [RFI] WWRB

To: "RFI" <RFI@contesting.com>, <Topband@contesting.com>,"160m QTH" <160m@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: RE: [RFI] WWRB
From: "Hare,Ed, W1RFI" <w1rfi@arrl.org>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 22:07:05 -0500
The mix could be in the station equipment, other equipment or corrosion near
either transmitter, or your own equipment or station.

Much of the "intermod" associated with AM transmitters comes from your own
station receiver.  If you have an attenuator, switch in 10 or 20 dB of
attenuation. If the intermod drops by 2X or 3X the attenuator setting, it is an
overloaded receiver.  I am not subscribed to the topband or 160m QTH
reflectors, so pass along if you think the post is useful.

73,
Ed Hare, W1RFI
ARRL Lab
225 Main St