[RFI] Possible Receiver Improvements

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: [RFI] Possible Receiver Improvements
From: <dgsvetan@rockwellcollins.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 08:19:48 -0600

Reflector users,

I just saw this article and link in this morning's edition of EE Times
Today, an industry newsletter.  Although there is little technical meat in
the linked article, the point here is that NTIA is asking FCC to consider
receiver performance standards.  As we know, only modest steps have been
taken in the past.  Anyway, FYI:

--FCC asked to adopt receiver performance specs--
The Commerce Department agency that helps manage U.S. frequency
spectrum is urging its counterpart, the Federal Communications
Commission, to adopt performance standards for radio receivers.
http://newsletter.EDTN.com/cgi-bin4/DM/y/edrr0Fgblb0tH0CDUD0Am

73, Dale
WA9ENA