[RFI] KY filters?

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: [RFI] KY filters?
From: "Rob Atkinson, K5UJ" <k5uj@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 17:35:41 +0000
Hi folks,

I recently discovered my HF transmissions have been getting into my phone answering machine. I asked one of my neighbors and he told me he could hear me on his phone but it wasn't that big a deal. (These are really good neighbors). I got back on HF about 2 years ago. Because we have been living next to each other for 10 years and they are such great people (ex-active duty Marines, no antenna complaints, Harley riders--how could anyone not like these people?) I am taking the unusual step of getting them some phone line filters. I wanted to get a good one because I run QRO so I picked up two KY filters. Has anyone used them? What were your results with them? They are a little more than run of the mill filters cost but I figured I could afford a couple of them for this one case. Unfortunately part of their phone line runs along outside parallel to part of my horizontal loop which I put up a few weeks go. I shouldn't be surprised that they are hearing me when I fire up the amp. Just curious about other folks results with the KYs.

Tnx,
Rob Atkinson
K5UJ