Re: [RFI] I wish this guy had interviewed Ed Hare also...

To: <k1ttt@arrl.net>, <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] I wish this guy had interviewed Ed Hare also...
From: "Michael Tope" <W4EF@dellroy.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 09:32:37 -0800
Hi Dave,

My understanding of the Home Plug standard was that it notched the ham
bands by 30dB (after prodding by ARRL), so there may actually be some
truth to the first part of the citation. In any case, it was the second
paragraph
of the citation that I was referring to:

>"[Interference] just doesn't exist," Birnbaum said. "They based a lot of
> their assumptions on outdated noise flow analysis."

"Outdated noise flow analysis"  - what the hell is that?? Sure sounds like
bullsh#% to me :):)

BTW, I am pretty sure the homeplug hardware does their hamband notching
in the digital backend of the receiver, so it most likely that it has the
same
susceptibility to RF overload from nearby transmitters as the un-notched
systems (e.g. you'll be able to crash it with a 50 watt mobile).