Re: [RFI] CQ-BPL

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] CQ-BPL
From: Martin Ewing <aa6e@arrl.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 16:58:09 -0500

BPL interferes with ham reception, not transmission. So you need the gallon if the _other_ guy has BPL in his neighborhood.

My idea is to develop a little kit for a "BPL beacon transmitter". This is a medium power transmitter that listens for BPL in its vicinity and transmits to the ham world "I've got BPL here". Kind of like APRS. You can run around and install these things near BPL lines or in your car. If they happen to radiate in a way that disrupts BPL, well it can't be helped.

73 -Martin