Re: [RFI] 345kv transmission lines

To: WW3S <ww3s@zoominternet.net>
Subject: Re: [RFI] 345kv transmission lines
From: WA2BPE <wa2bpe@infoblvd.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 10:51:52 -0500
345KV - wet wx = corona; dry wx = hardware - but most bad hardware goes poof at
these voltages so it has to be fixed.  Most lines of this voltage not bad when
dry - I have a 250+KV line 2 miles away - no problem.

15KV - wet wx = usually quiet; dry wx = usually hardware issues; noise has many
signatures; may even be light sensitive.  These are the lines I have problems
with.

Tom - WA2BPE

WW3S wrote:

> > Yes. Very likely. In South Amherst Ohio my receiving was hindered by a
> 345kV
> > line that was actually pretty quiet, and it was a mile away. In rainy
> > weather, the noise was S9 on 160 and 80 on Beverages pointed at that line.
>
> Wet weather/dry weather? I was screwed either way...when wet the 345kv lines
> are worse but when dry the MOV lightning arrestors where bad...at least they
> got that fixed....now I can hear the noise I couldn't hear before...

> ---
> [This E-mail scanned for viruses by Information Boulevard's Virus Scanning]

---
[This E-mail scanned for viruses by Information Boulevard's Virus Scanning]