[RFI] killed my rfi

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] killed my rfi
From: "kce" <kce@chartermi.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 06:27:06 -0500
For the past 3 weeks I was troubled by severe RFI on 80 and 40 meters. It
was a pulsation type noise the first pulse would last 5 sec than a 5 sec
delay, followed by two rapid pulses 3 sec long back to back. The cycle would
then repeat itself. Not only could I hear it at s9 inside the house but
outside as well. The source well 3 weeks ago I changed out 6 fluorescent
lamps in the shack, one of them is a real RF generator. These are your
standard ballast type fixtures no electronic ballasts. I guess somebody at
the Sylvania factory had a bad day.

Ken W8OB