[RFI] BPL & Digital BC (AM) Radio

To: RFI@contesting.com
Subject: [RFI] BPL & Digital BC (AM) Radio
From: n0tt1@juno.com
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 16:08:10 +0000
On Thu, 25 Mar 2004 00:59:34 -0800 "Michael Tope" <W4EF@dellroy.com>
writes:
> I started wondering that while the new digital BC (AM) radio
> will solve the noise problem for radio listeners -- might not a
> 10KW digital signal between 540 & 1700 KHz wreak havoc
> with BPL?

I would think that sparking hardware, bad connections, etc etc
and the resulting power line broadband RFI that we all love to hate,
would be BPL's worst nightmare.

"Out of its band" signals like AM Broadcast can simply be
filtered out just like a lot of Topbanders filter it out.
Then too, BPL will probably notch out our Ham bands
*IF* they have to.

73,
Charlie
N0TT