RE: [RFI] Protecting our frequencies

To: "'wrt@dslextreme.com'" <wrt@dslextreme.com>,"'RFI Reflector'" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [RFI] Protecting our frequencies
From: Ed -K0iL <eedwards@tconl.com>
Date: Sun, 2 May 2004 17:36:46 -0500
Of course I do Bill, but with BPL we are not talking about putting these HF
signals over twisted pair, cat 5, or shielded cable or some other
appropriate medium.  We are talking about placing them onto the long wires
of electrical distribution systems.

Since you tried to read something into what I wrote that I did not say,
it's my turn:
It sounds like you are trying to tell us that the BPL signals won't radiate
at all.  You need to catch up Bill; even the BPL operators have finally
moved past that lie and went on to the next one: "We can mitigate the
interference by notching it out".  And now they've decided to redefine what
the term "Harmful Interference" means even though the FCC is the agency to
make that determination.

Cable TV systems transmit TV signals over their shielded cables and must
meet stringent leakage requirements to avoid interfering with licensed
operations.  BPL should have to meet the same requirements, but probably
won't have to for political reasons.

Perhaps the cable TV system operators can also back off from their
requirements if they just notch out VHF-aircraft & local public safety
freqs?  After all, I know a lot more people who want cheaper cable TV than
want Broadband for computers.  Heck, maybe they could put VHF/UHF cable TV
on power lines next!!!  More competition, and lower cable TV prices!  It
would be good for society.  I think I'll write to Mr. Powell and tell my
great idea!  ;^)

de ed -K0iL