Re: [RFI] BPL Protest Opportunity? Is it over? NO!

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] BPL Protest Opportunity? Is it over? NO!
From: Alex <kr1st@amsat.org>
Date: Tue, 04 May 2004 15:12:36 -0400
Hi Rob,

"Rob Atkinson, K5UJ" wrote:

> At this point, I'm disappointed in the no. of comments filed in docket
> 04-37.
> The total as of a few minutes ago was 1012.   I'm disappointed in the
> apathy;
> the resignation; the attitude that it's all over and that we are weak and
> powerless
> against big business.

I certainly can appreciate your sentiment. However, you too have seen
the comments posted on this list, other lists, and on various web sites
which all seem to carry the message that you have file a thoughtful
comment, or else you shouldn't bother. Folks have been beaten each other
up for posting only half page comments and for being repetitive in their
message. The administered advice was often discouraging at best. Now you
are just looking at the numbers and are disappointed. One can never win
that way.

I thought numbers didn't count (which actually has been proven pretty
much by the recent changes in mass media regulation). Heck, just the
ARRL filing alone represents 100k+ filings, right? Quality, not
quantity. Of course I'm being sarcastic here. I just think folks should
stop complaining on how disappointed they are in the other person. I'm
not sure I understand what good that is doing. It's beyond me how such
comments are supposed to move anyone into doing anything.

73,
--Alex KR1ST
http://www.kr1st.com