[RFI] Computer monitor RFI

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: [RFI] Computer monitor RFI
From: "Rob Atkinson, K5UJ" <k5uj@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 09 May 2004 03:08:24 +0000
This isn't the cheapest solution, but like others, I've dumped my CRT monitor and gone the flat LCD route. I'm using a Samsung SyncMaster 172N 17" monitor. They have come down in price lately, at Best Buy for example, but are still around 3 hundred dollars I think. but you don't have to worry about burn in, no flyback whine (or whatever it is), you can leave it on all day and not worry about a lot of current consumption, the resolution is sharp enough and no RFI here. If you want to filter an AC line, I'd try a W3NQN line filter from Array Solutions. Not cheap but if that filter won't work, it can't be filtered.

Rob Atkinson
K5UJ