Re: [RFI] Air Force Bombs Garage Openers!

To: AA6DX <aa6dx@pacbell.net>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Air Force Bombs Garage Openers!
From: Alex <kr1st@amsat.org>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 08:45:27 -0400
Thanks for the link. I heard about it on NPR this morning. That's an
interesting Part 15 test.

It probably is best for those folks that they change the frequency on
their openers anyway. A local TV station here did a test once where they
bought a replacement opener and did not change the frequency (or "code"
as they said) from the factory setting. They drove through some
neighborhoods to see if they could open any garages. I think they were
able to open about 50% of all the garages that had an opener from the
same manufacturer. Folks simply had never bothered to change the factory
setting.

Hopefully it's an eyeopener to them that mere interference can open
their garage doors. Of course they'll only complain about the
inconvenience this "interference" is causing them...

73,
--Alex KR1ST
http://www.kr1st.com