[RFI] door openers & rfi

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] door openers & rfi
From: "Jim Jarvis" <jimjarvis@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 16:16:23 -0000
I went through a few weeks this past winter, when my
garage door would be open by a foot or so, each morning.

Came to discover that running a kw on 40m near dawn and dusk,
working JA long and short path... with the antenna 75' above the garage,
would sometimes trigger the opener.  THEN, it completely stopped
working with its remotes.

I eventually recycled the power to the closer and reprogrammed the
whole thing...all 3 remotes, plus the one that came with my car...and
it's working OK again.

Never DID find out the real cause of the problem.  Suspect arcing
to a tree branch, or perhaps rectification in the closer itself.

N2EA
jimjarvis@ieee.org