Re: [RFI] President Bush's 6/14/04 Speech Lauding BPL

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] President Bush's 6/14/04 Speech Lauding BPL
From: doc <kd4e@arrl.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 23:25:55 -0700
Eric Rosenberg wrote:
For those of you who are wondering where the adminstration stands on BPL, these two items should clarify matters:

So now we know what that we did not already?

The President's advisors on technical matters have
persuaded him that this is a good technology for a
good purpose with no significant down side.

Who was the last President with the technical knowledge
to challenge such a conclusion?  Herbert Hoover?

We need a substantial elected official or other person
with access to warn the President that is an Enron-like
boondoggle with which he does not want to be associated.

The problem is that in the big scheme of geopolitical
struggles and major domestic crises BPL is small
potatos and few are going to waste their moment-with-
the-President's-ear trying to explain RFI.  You can't
even get some supposedly-tested-for-radio-knowledge
Hams to understand it!

Given the big money and political clout on both the
Democrat and Republican side pushing for BPL we will
probably just have to wait for it to be built -- then
let financial flop from the competition savage it --
then push it over the edge with a lawsuit or two.
Another extinct technological dinosaur.

Meanwhile I guess I will bring the old AEA Moscow
Muffler Woodpecker Blanker filter back out of the
cold war mothballs ... I think it's under that
Tandy 1100FD laptop over there ...

73, doc kd4e