Re: [RFI] Electrostatic filter rfi

To: RFI@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Electrostatic filter rfi
From: Tom Berry <tberry1@triad.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 13:29:54 -0400
On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 11:41:23 +0000, you wrote:

> The noise was similar to that of the Sharper Image Ionic Breeze Quadra filter

I have 4 of these filters and they are terrible for noise.   I can
hear them over 100 feet down the driveway on the AM car radio.  On 40
it's so bad I can hear weak signals.

The only solution I have been able to find is to turn them off.  I
have tried coiling the power cord, beads on the power cord and I even
tried plugging them into my computer UPS system which I think will
isolate them from the AC line.  Nothing works.

If anyone knows how to stop the noise from them please let me know.

Thanks
Tom AA4VV