Re: [RFI] DFing power line noise

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] DFing power line noise
From: Dave NØRQ <n0rq-1@dfwair.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 11:23:50 -0500
Any suggestions for dealing with a power company that CAN'T
do what Rick mentioned below -- that is, find the problem?

The local one here will try -- but they have no equipment to find
and fix the problem.  I've reported 3 problems to them that
they've fixed so far -- 2 of them by replacing the entire (rotten)
pole, and 1 by me identifying the pole, and then standing under
it (with my FT-50 on AM mode and a handheld beam), listening
while they tightened everything they could find.

I've since identified a set of poles that happen to be in private property,
so I can't identify the specific poles.  The utility is in essence clueless
(toolless, really) about what to do.  I've written a nice letter,
explaining their responsibilities, but nothing so far -- and any other
suggestions would be appreciated.

If they won't buy the equipment they need, what are next steps?
Report to ARRL, or to FCC?

--
Dave NØRQ