RE: [RFI] Amateur transceiver must accept interference?

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: RE: [RFI] Amateur transceiver must accept interference?
From: "Cortland Richmond" <ka5s@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 23:05:15 -0700
Any receiver operating between 30 and 960 Mhz (and radar detectors in their
own ranges) must meet specific FCC Part 15 requirements. These deal with
things like LO radiation. A device containing or including a receiver, a
tranceiver for one, must meet those requirements so far as its receiver is
concerned. The RECEIVER may not cause harmful interference and the
requirement to accept interference, part of Part 15's boilerplate, does not
override the Radio Treaty or Part 2 and 15 provisions prohibiting
interference to reception of licensed radio services. IMO, the label needs
changing.

Cortland