Re: [RFI] Recent Posting on RFI with intercom.

To: "Van Fair" <giw@bellsouth.net>, <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Recent Posting on RFI with intercom.
From: "Tom Rauch" <w8ji@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 15:01:11 -0400
Solution seems to have been found. My RF is getting into the
intercom via a connected FM antenna. With it disconnected
95% of the RFI goes away. I plan to use a high pass filter
and hope this will allow FM with no RFI. The FM radio is not
on when the RFI occurs in the intercom. STRANGE.Van W4GIW

Make sure whatever high pass you use has high common mode
isolation. Most do not, if they are 75 ohm filters and many
300 ohm filters are zero common mode rejection also.

The common mode isolation is important, not the differential
mode.