Re: [RFI] Noise - What to look for?

To: <jeff_list@burnshome.org>, <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Noise - What to look for?
From: "Jim" <jvpoll@dallas.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 22:38:47 -0600
Jeff,

In the 'old days' if it repeated every 15,750 (B&W)
or 15,734 (color) Hz it was a TV set -

- this sounds more like a PC monitor as you
described it, although the old TV sets didn't
produce garbage 4 or 5 KHz wide though.

Occasionally I find my PC CRT monitor produces
garbage on HF - switching it off confirms it each
time.

What does the 4 or 5 KHz stuff sound like - raspy
like 60 Hz modulation or a broader 'white noise'
source?

Jim WB5WPA