RE: [RFI] Re: Whirlpool Duet Washing Machine RFI update

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: RE: [RFI] Re: Whirlpool Duet Washing Machine RFI update
From: "Cortland Richmond" <ka5s@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 23:15:51 -0800
Dave,

Although digital boards in appliances are exempted from EMI testing, they
still aren't allowed to interfere. If it were MY washer, I'd probably work
on it; I'd probably pull the board and put my fixes on it, all in the
low-voltage side, testing the bare board out of the washer for emission
levels before and after. But he doesn't have to, since the firm has sent
him a board with EMI fixes already added.  Of course I'd look at the new
board to see if they did what I would do, and even put 5(3/2.5 etc) volts
on it to see if it was quieter.  But not more.

As you note [(Top loader, 120 Vac, water pressure, > spinning things, water
leaks, yikes!)] there're a lot of ways to go wrong -- and life is too short
already.

Cortland