Re: [RFI] Honda Generator RFI

To: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>,"RFI List" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Honda Generator RFI
From: "Jim P" <jvpoll@dallas.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 22:03:17 -0600
For planning purposes, one must keep in mind
that 'balancing out' the strong influence of 60 Hz
AC flowing in lines that they wish to 'filter' that in
a 240/120 V  '2-phase' configuration (with neutral)
that *minimum* current flows on the neutral line
at the service drop/gen when the load:

a) is across the 'outer' lines (240 V) supply lines or
b) is equally balanced between each of the two 120 V
   lines (to neutral).

Other factors such as motor-starting (LRA - locked
rotor amperage) and motor running current draw (lagging
power factor) will change this 'balance' too, as will
non-linear loads like power supplies, et al.

Jim P  /  WB5WPA  /