[RFI] Lutron Eco-10 Fluorescent dimming ballast?

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: [RFI] Lutron Eco-10 Fluorescent dimming ballast?
From: "Leigh L Klotz, Jr." <Leigh@WA5ZNU.org>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 11:57:21 -0700
Does anyone have any experience with the Lutron Eco-10 fluorescent
dimming ballast?

Itâs been specified for new lighting in my house, and I want to know
if itâs going to be a problem.

Their spec sheet claims it meets Part 18 non-consumer, which doesnât
sound good.

But when I look at Part 18.305 at

http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_04/47cfr18_04.html

I see RF field strength limits for emissions outside the ISM bands
(which includes HF for me) and then a separate listing for emissions
from âRF lighting devicesâ for consumer and non-consumer only for
VHF and above. I donât know if a ballast is an RF lighting device
â perhaps they mean plasma discharge?

Alternatively, does anybody know of any fluourescent ballasts with good
EMC to specify?

73,
Leigh WA5ZNU