[RFI] RFI From Wireless Internet Radio

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: [RFI] RFI From Wireless Internet Radio
From: Dana Roode <dana.roode@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2005 07:27:47 -0700
RFI Folk,

We have internet service provided through a 2.4ghz wireless radio -
the unit at our house is a Aeronaut 250 from TenX Networks.  I
recently discovered this device creates a broadband hash,  it is very
noticable on 6 meters (where the internet and 6 meter antennas are
very close) and also on 15 meters.  On 15 meters the noise from the
wireless radio is loud when I point my beam at the house - the beam is
60' up on a tower about 150 feet away.

Does anyone have any experience with RFI from a device like this one
and have suggestions as to how I might eliminate it?

Thanks,

  Dana, K6NR