Re: [RFI] DSL RF pulsing centered at 20.5 MHz

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] DSL RF pulsing centered at 20.5 MHz
From: "Martin, AA6E" <martin.ewing@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 13:33:18 -0500
I also have SBC DSL (1.5Mbs down/384kbps up), and I've never found any
RFI due to DSL itself. The downstream signal is fairly weak, of
course, but the upstream will be strong. Most of my spurs come from
CPUs, Ethernet signaling, routers, etc.  Along with noisy TVs, lamp
dimmers, and all the other paraphernalia of modern life.

I'd be interested to find measured spectra of DSL at various sync
rates.  Does anyone know where to find such? Most of the energy in my
case must be below ~1 MHz, I would think, but high-rate services must
go higher.

It's possible that your neighbor has some other kind of appliance
that's coupling to the phone line.

73 Martin AA6E

martin.ewing@gmail.com
http://blog.aa6e.net