Re: [RFI] Electric company problem

To: "'Mike Brown'" <k9mi@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Electric company problem
From: "Mike at RFI Services" <mike@rfiservices.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2005 13:39:38 -0500
Hi Mike,
Stu is correct in saying the added height isn't likely to improve the noise
level. It may enable you to hear noises you can't hear now.
The response you got from the power company rep, if he told you it would be
spring time, is certainly un-acceptable by all standards including the
FCC's. I can't imagine his manager being satisfied with you hearing about
it's priority level either.
I've spent allot of time with the ARRL and they have been doing a great job
at assisting members with power company related problems as well as others.
I strongly recommend you contact Mike Gruber at the ARRL and read and
complete any documents he suggests. You should do this as soon as possible.
If you have contact information for them please forward it to me and I'll
send literature that may help your situation.
As for your symptoms, what you describe is more than one problem. The level
of noise changes because of multiple sources. One source don't change in
level.
Noise cancelling devices only work if you have one for every noise source
being received. If you have one noise I've seen them do a great job. However
if you have changing sources they aren't much help.
If I can assist feel free to call.

Michael C Martin
RFI Services
6469 Old Solomon's Island Rd