[RFI] blocking RFID signals

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] blocking RFID signals
From: "Jim Jarvis" <jimjarvis@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 12:24:16 -0500
Not sure what the impact of having RFID tags in credit
cards will be..but the devices are small and cheap...
probably no more than a diode.  A 1/4" drill would
likely disable it.

You can rest assured that if a state puts RFID in its
licenses, that there will be a law against disabling them.
Although, for the life of me, I can't see the value in
having said device.

Diverting the thread somewhat...SMART CARDS, which contain
a bit of flash ram, are another story.  Your drivers license
could carry your entire driving history, as well as organ donor
or medical information, and next of kin information.  Readable
from a patrol vehicle, it might be extremely valuable in both
emergencies and routine traffic stops.

n2ea
jimjarvis@ieee.org
jimjarvis@verizon.net