[RFI] What's this?

To: RFI List <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] What's this?
From: Alex <kr1st@amsat.org>
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2006 17:21:28 -0500
Hi there,

This afternoon I've been hearing this signal on 2 meters USB and I was
wondering if someone could identify it:

http://www.kr1st.com/144219Intf.wav (1.4Mb!)

Actually there are two signals about 5kHz apart and they alternate as if
the two are in some sort of conversation. Both signals slowly drift up
and down the band. I first heard them on 144.217 and they were drifting
up to about 144.232 and now I can hear it on 144.200 (and of course
that's where it seems to park...). I don't have a beam so I can't
determine from which direction it is coming. The antenna is a stacked
pair of halos.

73,
--Alex KR1ST
http://www.kr1st.com