[RFI] Fan Noise on Repeater

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: [RFI] Fan Noise on Repeater
From: rrath@charter.net
Date: Mon, 08 May 2006 20:59:41 -0700
I have a repeater that picks up noise from the fan. When I was
testing the repeater here at home, it was on 120 v ac power - no
noise. Now that it is on the hill top it is on battery power - no ac
power. When the fan turns on, you can hear noise and if you have a
weak signal into the repeater, the noise will cover you up. I will be
going to the site this Sat to fix the problem ... I hope. Your ideas on
how to stop the noise? (having no fan is not an option) Thank you.

Rod KC7VQR