Re: [RFI] RF Quiet Laptop for Mobile Console?

To: RFI List <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] RF Quiet Laptop for Mobile Console?
From: Fred Stevens K2FRD <k2frd@mac.com>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 19:01:02 -0700
Most decent-sized RV suppliers either stock solar/wind charger controllers or
can easily order them. Solar panels, per se don't normally come equipped with
internal controllers. As a fulltime RVer, I am very conscious of the potential
over-charging problem caused by my solar panels. Since a *good* controller
costs over $100 (cheap controllers may be obtain for as low as $20, but they
don't last long) and I haven't gotten around to buying a controller myself, I
have a DC voltmeter hooked up to each of my travel trailer's two battery banks.
When the voltage reaches 15 vdc, I disconnect the panels. If I had a
controller, I could leave the solar panel hooked up while I'm off on a side
trip for a couple days.

One online source:
http://www.pplmotorhomes.com/parts/solar-power/rv-solar-controllers.htm . A
Google on "solar controllers" will produce a LOT of online sources.

73 de Fred K2FRD