[RFI] Defibrillatorand RFI - Followup from Dan W6WU ( ex- KS6Z )

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: [RFI] Defibrillatorand RFI - Followup from Dan W6WU ( ex- KS6Z )
From: "N6KI Dennis" <n6ki@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 20:03:26 GMT
BTW:    I was assured by the representative of the folks who make the
defibrillator (St. Jude Company) that there was no possibility that RF
would be a problem when I hit my paddle.  The only thing that I was
told to avoid was any attempt to get into Arc Welding and if I saw
someone using one of these units I should go the other way.   If anyone
ever needs to have one of these things installed you probably can
continue with ham radio unimpaired and won't have to buy a QRPp rig in
order to send CW.  If the doctor tells you he is going to install a
unit made by Guidant or Med-Tronics you might want to ask about the
effect of RF on these units because there is a recall on those
companies that is fairly substantial and their failures noted are for
different reasons.  It doesn't hurt to ask because you don't want to
execute yourself when sending an E.  That is a single Dit for you SSB ops.

73 to all,

Dan Keefe
W6WU

You can contact Dan at
ks6z@cox.net

Don't slay me - I am just the messenger !