Re: [RFI] Toyota Special Instructions

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Toyota Special Instructions
From: digital-conjurers@adelphia.net
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 12:17:19 -0700
Lack of manufacturer guidlines seems to be a frequent problem when installing a
rig in modern cars.  My 2001 Protege came with the same warning; contaced my
dealer, and he was as helpful as snow in January.  He simply didn't know.  Lack
of factual info, my personal history of 2M RFI in an earlier Mazda, and dire
warnings in the form of anecdotal evidence from other hams regarding the new
cars' many computers convinced me to forget the whole thing, and just use an HT
when I'm stopped and out of the car.

I seem to recall calling up Mazda America, and they weren't any help
either...but try it with Toyota; call the national HQ up, and see where you
get.  The dealers, well, I had one tell me, "We just sell the cars."

-Lin/KJ6EF