[RFI] Cable TV Interference

To: "RFI" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Cable TV Interference
From: "David C. Hallam" <dhallam@rapidsys.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 16:48:01 -0400
An update with my problems with cable TV interference.

12:00 PM  Receiving cable channel 38 at 4.821 MHz
4:20 PM   Receiving cable channel 11 at 4,831 MHz

Cable company, Knology, came out yesterday and went around with their
detector but found nothing.  At the time they did this, I was not picking up
any signal.  They were not using their super sensitive detector for this
test.

We have two cable companies with service in our neighborhood, Knology, our
provider, and Bright House who most of the homes in the area.  The channel
numbers are not the same on both providers so although I matched the channel
with the received audio, they were Knology numbers and would have been
different if the problem is Bright House.

David
KC2JD