Re: [RFI] RFI proof speakers

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] RFI proof speakers
From: "Rob Atkinson, K5UJ" <k5uj@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2006 23:33:22 +0000
>From what I have heard, Tom Rauch is absolutely right.  Here's what an AM
station engineer told me this afternoon:

"You can solder a small cap (.001 to .005) across the audio chip's input pin
to gnd, right at the chip. That usually does it."

i.e. open the enclosure and get the amp board out where you can work on it
and either find the  audio amp's input lead with a scope or the chip's spec
sheet pin diagram.   it might be a bit tricky but get a cap from that pin to
gnd as close to the chip as possible without frying it.

the problem is that you don't have the problem; ur neighbor does?  someone
else I think.  so you may have to fix a second set of speakers up and give
them up instead of risking the trashing of the neighbor's property.

I have to confess I have not tried this--my problem was in my shack so I had
the luxury of simply turning off the speakers.  I'd like to know how this
fix works out if you try it.

73

rob / k5uj