Re: [RFI] 40M TVI problem

To: "SERGE BERTUZZO" <smbertuzzo@rogers.com>, <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] 40M TVI problem
From: "EP Swynar" <gswynar@durham.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 15:35:45 -0500
Hi Serge,

There is a web site that is dedicated to the winding of common mode
suppressor chokes, for cases just as you describe...

What I got most out of reading it was simply that --- dependent upon the
offensive frequency --- the impedance offered to the unwanted RF intrusion
may not be enough with simply one choke. Have you tried winding two (or
more) in series, at both ends, to see if the increased impedance might be
just what you need to "...get it over the top"...?

It certainly soiunds like you're 90% there --- perhaps those extra chokes
may be all that you'll need at this point...

Good luck, & very

~73!~ Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ