[RFI] RFI To Intruder Alarm Systems

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] RFI To Intruder Alarm Systems
From: "EP Swynar" <gswynar@durham.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2006 06:37:37 -0500
Good Day All,

I wonder if anyone reading this might have personal experience(s) in the matter
of suppressing RFI to intruder alarm systems...

We have a system here that employs a combination of motion detectors, and
magnetically-coupled(?) "open window" detectors...my problem here occurs only
on 80-meters.

When I transmit with about 100-watts, an alert button goes on in the contol
panel, indicating that a re-set is in order --- when I run 200-watts, or more,
the entire system goes off, just like a burglar had entered the house.

Note that this all occurs WITHOUT the system even being armed.

Obviously I have some line(s) in the system resonant on 3.5-MHz --- I've tried
the usual winding of snap-on ferite chokes everywhere that I have access to
(including the system's p.s.), all to no avail. I'm wondering if there's
anything that I might do right at each sensor / motion detector to effect a
cure...?

Any & all feedback would most certainly be appreciated...in as much as I have
nothing whatever against QRP, I miss chasing DX at the bottom of the band on CW!

~73~ Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ