[RFI] Help on speed drive motor controller RFI

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Help on speed drive motor controller RFI
From: "Juan EA5RS" <ea5rs@ono.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 00:00:24 +0100
A new water pumping station using a variable speed drive was recently
installed on the roof of the apartment building where I live,  just a few
meters from my HF antennas. RFI from the speed drives is tremendous, putting
more than -60 dBm on a 500 Hz BW on my RX on 3,5 MHz. The drive has no RFI
filters fitted

Based on manufacturer description these drives are based on "space vector
technology" "using carrier frequencies up to 15 KHz"

http://www.powerelectronics.es/descargas/sd250/SD25CA01CI.pdf

What I will try is to get rid of the speed drives, but in case I can't
achieve that,
are there different technologies commercially used to implement variable
speed drives?
is any of them more harmful or on the other hand cleaner than the rest, RFI
wise?

Thanks for your help.

73,
Juan EA5RS