Re: [RFI] DSL INTERFERENCE FROM 160 METERS

To: 'Commander John' <crazytvjohn@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] DSL INTERFERENCE FROM 160 METERS
From: Roger D Johnson <n1rj@adelphia.net>
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2007 13:20:45 -0500

The installers from the phone company wanted to run the phone line to
the DSL modem
and install a filter at each phone. In essence, turning all the interior
phone wiring into a
large antenna feeding onto the modem! In my home all the phone wires
terminate at a
barrier strip near where the phone line enters the house. I ran the
phone line to the
modem and put one filter from the incoming phone line to the barrier
strip. No problems
on any band!

73, Roger

--