Re: [RFI] Cordless 5.8ghz phones

To: "Frank T Brady" <franktbrady@comcast.net>, <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Cordless 5.8ghz phones
From: "AA6DX - Mark" <aa6dx@arrl.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 12:26:30 -0700
Frank et al ..
I have in use a system just like you want .. Uniden PowerMax 5.8GHz ... and
have never been happier with a phone set-up!  I have NO RFI problems ..
running 16ØM thru 440MHz -- using QRO, and whatever mode....
will probably add another phone or 2, one for the kitchen and one for the
work shop, in case we forget to haul one there... and, of course, that will
cause the phones to ring!  HIHI ..  Also, no problems the other way, with
the system getting into ham equipment.  The speaker phones in the handsets
are phenomenal .. Highly recommend, have had ours about 2 years, came from
COSTCO, approx $160 on a special, w/3 hand phones.. have seen very similar
there from time to time... Also, have 2 GE 5.8 phones that came "free" with
my Sunrocket VOIP  .. have not noticed any problems with them either, but
have not used them in all operating conditions.. ..  .. 73

Mark Nelson  -  AA6DX
http://aa6dx.com
AA6DX@ARRL.NET