Re: [RFI] Television Interference (was: no subject)

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Television Interference (was: no subject)
From: "Cortland Richmond" <ka5s@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 05:43:11 -0400
Hello, Eduardo.

A filter on your transmitter will help if your transmitter is sending RF on
television frequencies.  It will not help if the TV set is responding to
your frequency when it is not tuned to it, or of the TV set is overloaded
by you signal.  And 6-meters can be a real problem. Even if you are
transmitting a pure signal, a TV set may still have trouble because 50 MHz
is not  much different than TV channel 2 on 56-62  MHz.  Filtering your
transmitter will not change that.

I do not know what TV channel you are interfering with, but if you have a
pure signal, the best place to put a filter would be on the TV.

Can you tell us more about your problem?

Regards,

Cortland
KA5S