[RFI] Phone not ringing

To: rfi@contesting.com, wd3q@starpower.net
Subject: [RFI] Phone not ringing
From: George Gorsline VE3YV <ve3yv@pathcom.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 12:28:09 -0400
Eric - two things I can think of.  Look at the "B" rating of the phones - max
is 5 B for all devices on the line.  Second is if you have put any caps across
the line to suppress RFI (alarm system?), they also cause this problem - ring
is or looks like AC - especially if you have squirrels and dogs in an older
neighbourhood - lots of rainwater in the cable so ring is already marginal -
still don't have the "long distance" ring back.  In either case, the usual
approach: take all of the other phones (and alarm system) off of the line and
test, then add back one by one...

GL
--

73,  George VE3YV / K8HI