Re: [RFI] RFI Digest, Vol 56, Issue 4

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] RFI Digest, Vol 56, Issue 4
From: Michael Germino <ad6aa@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 14:08:56 -0700 (PDT)
I would work on the Radio ground last.  I would use that braid bonding
different parts to create a solid RF ground.

  Has anyone ever had a quiet installation, and made it noisy by removing the
radio's ground braid?  Over the years I've never had any additional noise on
any of my setups that I tried removing the radio ground braid for a test.

  Mike
  AD6AA

Shannon Boal <kingsautomotive1@alltel.net> wrote:
  Get an excellant ground for the antenna base, also the radio.
The one inch braid can be run from the antenna base to the radio
also....