Re: [TowerTalk] GFI problems from RF

To: AA6DX <aa6dx@arrl.net>, Richard Zalewski <dick.w7zr@gmail.com>,Towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>, RFI <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] GFI problems from RF
From: RICHARD SOLOMON <w1ksz@q.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 01:37:06 +0000
So tell us ..."the rest of the story"... !!
Which brand is the "good guy" and which is the "bad guy".

73, Dick, W1KSZ/7

> From: aa6dx@arrl.net> To: dick.w7zr@gmail.com; towertalk@contesting.com;
> rfi@contesting.com> Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 16:28:18 -0800> Subject: Re:
> [TowerTalk] GFI problems from RF> > Hey .. we had our home totally remodeled
> 3 years ago, including all new > electrical ... sure got rid of a LOT of my
> RFI problems ... but, almost > immediately, I had GFI problems when QRO --
> made XYL very unhappy. Did not > take many "trips" before one of the outlets
> went out completely. I called > the electrical contractor who had installed
> them, and he knew immediately of > which I spoke, and replaced the outlets
> with a different brand ... nary a > problem since .. .. .. said I was not the
> first to have problems with the > model initially used. Just FYI.. 73 ...
> Mark AA6DX> ----- Original Message ----- > From: "Richard Zalewski"
> <dick.w7zr@gmail.com>> To: "Towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>; "RFI"
> <rfi@contesting.com>> Sent: Tuesday, November 27, 2007 3:53 PM> Subject:
> [TowerTalk] GFI probl
 ems from RF> > > > My 80/160 inverted vee terminates about 3 feet above a GFI
outlet for> > my outdoor lights. The GFI quit first night into the CQWW
contest.> > The GFI had to be replaced. It did not just trip. Is this just> >
coincidental or could RF do this to my GFI outlet? Cures?> >> > -- > > Tnx es