Re: [RFI] 40 meter RFI

To: "RFI Reflector" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] 40 meter RFI
From: "Dave Hachadorian" <K6LL@ARRL.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007 17:08:24 -0000
> All the lights trigger at the
> same time throughout the house which makes me suspect it
> is the
> transmitter which is stimulated as opposed to the
> receivers but this
> is of course just a guess.

That's more than a guess. It sounds like hard evidence to
me. Try disconnecting the button wires from the transmitter
to see if it still triggers with RF. If it still triggers,
the rf is coming on the ac line. If it doesn't trigger, the
button wires are the culprit. The button wires would be my
guess. If it is the button wires, insert an effective toroid
choke in the button wires near the unit, and add a .15
microfarad ceramic capacitor with short leads across the
button wire terminals on the transmitter unit.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ