Re: [RFI] RFI: TORCHIERE TORTURE!

To: RFI List <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] RFI: TORCHIERE TORTURE!
From: Michael Germino <ad6aa@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 20:22:57 -0800 (PST)
Get a different RF ground for your antenna.  The random wire is 1/2 of your
antenna, the other half is the AC ground wire of your house.

  I would be surprised if the lamp is your only RFI problem.  Your house must
have RF all through it.

  A RF ground is not a ground rod.  I would run the ground wire (of the tuner)
to the ground (soil) out side and then run radials out from it on the ground
(dirt).  I wouldn't use the ground lug on the radio, I would put an RF choke
between the tuner and radio.  (On the second floor you won't find a RF ground
for your radio)

  Will this stop the problem with the lamp?  Maybe, maybe not, but using the
house wiring for your antenna is asking for RFI problems.

  Mike
  AD6AA